Friday, March 24, 2006

Not quite there

When you live abroad, or anywhere that isn't home, there are sometime days when you just feel out of place - as though you're here, but not quite there.

Today is one of those days for me.

So this evening I've written some song lyrics about it. Here are the first four verses, but I'm still working on a chorus.


Not quite there

Here I am to stay, yet many miles away
Are people that care
Same trees, same stars, same sky
Yet still I don’t know why
even though I’m here
I’m not quite there

There’s people all around, mouths move but there’s no sound
I don’t understand
Why everything tastes so wrong,
and that I don’t belong
even though I’m here,
I’m not quite there

I try and get things right, brave face, put up a fight
But it feels so unfair
It’s a little part of me,
I don’t let others see,
Even though I’m here,
I’m not quite there

When I’m all alone, my thoughts drift off back home
It’s as though I was there
But this is my life now,
I’ll make it work somehow
Even though I’m here,
It doesn’t really matter where,

I’m not quite there……..



(ps: next post will be funnier)

4 Comments:

At 12:22 am, Anonymous peter said...

Darren Packman! Stay away from those mushroms, you hear!

 
At 12:29 pm, Anonymous mark said...

I'll work out some chords for it.

 
At 10:01 am, Blogger bfg said...

Must say it struck a chord in me... very insightful Mr P!

All except the "my thoughts drift off back home" as Im not sure I have one...

 
At 1:10 pm, Anonymous Nanny Molly said...

That brought a tear to my eye!!!

It doesn't matter whether you are in Umea or Whitstable or even France you are 'right' and loved just the same...hope theres a happy ending to your song.

All love in the world from Whitstable.
xxxxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home